ELMHURST, Ill. — Sixty-two South Dakota State University student-athletes have been honored as Summit League Distinguished Scholars during the spring semester, league officials announced Thursday.
In order to be named a Distinguished Scholar, a student-athlete must have at least a 3.60 grade-point average in the semester of their championship and must use a year of athletic eligibility.
SDSU's list of Distinguished Scholars is as follows:
• Baseball (4) — Steven Autenrieth, Austin Busse, Aaron Klatt, Brett Young
• Men's Basketball (2) — Brayden Carlson, Tony Fiegen
• Women's Basketball (6) — Leah Dietel, Ashley Eide, Tara Heiser, Steph Paluch, Megan Stuart, Jill Young
• Women's Golf (1) — Jordan Trohkimoinen
• Softball (4) — Alison Cygan, Kelly Kleppin, Pam Nicholson, Kori Seidlitz
• Men's Swimming and Diving (3) — Phil Albu, Shea Patrick, Greg Thompson
• Women's Swimming and Diving (10) — Amber Jae Bienfang, Andrea Budahl, Jessica Ferley, Shauna Foor, Samantha Fossum, Nicole Grimit, Kaitlyn Hemmingson, Ellie Hendricks, Kylie Poel, Ashley Valdez
• Men's Tennis (4) — Ben Holter, Parker Lawley, Morgan Salo, James Thorp
• Women's Tennis (2) — Jennifer Blackburne, Megan McDougall
• Men's Track and Field (6) — Arran Davis, Drew Kraft, Brandon Priebe, Jake Schneller, Andrew Thies, Greg Vollmer
• Women's Track and Field (20) — Laura Bauer, Katie Boote, Krista Creager, Becca Fischer, Molly Kopfmann, Lisa Krogstad, Meghan Lambert, Amy Leiferman, Danielle McCann, Jessica McDonald, Erica Meyer, Courtney Neubert, Josie Oakland, Ashley Odegaard, Amber Olson, Kali Olson, Brooke Peterson, Tera Potts, Ashley Wagner, Mary Wirth
The Summit League All-Academic Team will be announced Friday.