Jackrabbit Athletics Strategic Plan
The 2014-18 athletics strategic plan was completed in concert with the university's IMPACT 2018 strategic plan. The plan, which can accessed as a document by clicking on the photo below, is centered around seven core values:
1. Student-Athlete Centered: focus on the academic success, well-being, equity of opportunity and respect for all student-athletes
2. Competitive Excellence: passionate pursuit of the highest level of competitiveness within the conference and nationally
3. Academic Integrity: uncompromising commitment to high academic achievement, accountability for academic standards and respect for the learning environment
4. Honesty: accountable, transparent decision making characterized by ethical values and trust
5. Fiscal Integrity: efficient and transparent use of resources while adhering to accountability measures
6. Equity and Diversity: acceptance and embracement of diverse cultures and perspectives
7. Social Responsibiity: positive representation of the University and Athletics distinguished by public service and considerate decision making
The core values are summed up in our department's Mission and Vision statements:
Mission — We are committed to providing a student-athlete centered culture that promotes academic and competitive excellence while embracing equity, diversity and social responsibility. In support of the University's Mission and Vision, our passion, integrity and creativity will foster a source of pride for the SDSU community, State of South Dakota and region.
Vision — Recognized nationally for the complete development of the student-athlete, pursuit of excellence, uncompromising integrity and passionate fans.