In 1992, South Dakota State University Athletics established a priority point system for basketball seat allocation, in addition, the priority point system was established for football in 2007. The goal of the system is to reward longtime supporters, as well as encourage new donors to support Jackrabbit student-athletes. A minimum donation to SDSU athletics is a requirement that is associated with the system. Priority points are cumulative and carry over to each reallocation year. Seats for both football and basketball will go through a reallocation process prior to the start of the 2013-14 seasons.
Below is information that explains how the allocation process will occur, the breakdown of how points are earned, a description of how donations to Jackrabbit Athletics will benefit you in the seat allocation process, as well as a timeline. An individual may purchase seats without donating to the Jackrabbit Club; however, those seats will be allocated after current Jackrabbit Club member seats are allocated.
For more information, contact the Jackrabbit Ticket Office at 1-866-GO JACKS.
(Cumulative points that carry over each year)
1. Lifetime Donations
- Two (2) points awarded for every $100 contributed to the Jackrabbit Club
2. Giving History
- Two (2) points awarded for each year as a Jackrabbit Club member
3. Season Tickets
- Two (2) points awarded for each year as a Basketball and/or Football Season Ticket Holder
- One (1) point awarded for each year as a Volleyball and/or (starting in 2007-08) Wrestling season ticket holder.
4. Consecutive Years
- One (1) point awarded for each consecutive year as a donor to Jackrabbit club at a minimum of $100.00
- One (1) point awarded for each consecutive year as a Football and/or Basketball season ticket holder
- Half (1/2) point awarded for each consecutive year as a Volleyball and/or Wrestling season ticket holder
ENDOWMENT: One hundred (100) points awarded when the minimum endowment level ($20,000) has been met.
1. Annual Donations
- Five (5) points awarded for every $100 contributed to the Jackrabbit Club in the re-allocation year.
2. Fund Drive Worker
- Two (2) points awarded for every $100 of new/lapsed donations and one (1) point for every $100 of renewal donations secured for the Jackrabbit Club fund drive.
3. Online Renewals
- One (1) point awarded for each time a customer renews season tickets online (max of 4 points per year)
Two (2) points awarded when a customer/donor makes a donation online (max of 2 points per year)
*A total of 6 points per year will be given to one customer
Note: Lifetime donations calculated from the first Frost Arena Season (1973). Points for consecutive years, online transactions, and football season tickets calculated beginning with the 2006-07 season.
To purchase seats through the Football Priority Points allocation, the following MINIMUM donations will be required:
- Sections F & G: $100 donation per seat
- Sections E, H, J, & K: $50 donation per seat
To purchase seats through the Basketball Priority Points allocation, the following MINIMUM donations will be required:
- Courtside: $400 donation per seat
- Lower Level Seating: $200 donation per seat
- Upper Level Seating: $50 donation per seat
- General Admission Seating: $25 donation per seat
The maximum number of basketball season tickets one customer may purchase through the benefit of priority point allocation is six (6). Individuals needing more tickets may purchase additional seats, but they will be allocated after all other priority point tickets have been assigned.
AWAY AND POSTSEASON TICKETS
Priority for away games and postseason competitions will be available to season ticket holders who are members of the Jackrabbit Club. Availability and allocation will be based on priority points.
1. Only donations to SDSU Athletic Department qualify for Priority Points.
2. If you purchase a season ticket and make a donation to the Jackrabbit Club, 80 percent rather than 100 percent of your gift qualifies as a federal charitable income tax deduction.
3. Only donations that have been subject to the 80/20 tax deduction law will be considered for Priority Point totals.
Please note that this Priority Point System is evaluated annually. The SDSU Athletic Department reserves the right to modify this system as needed.