Jacks fall at Denver
DENVER, Colo. -- South Dakota State dropped its second conference match Friday afternoon as it fell to Denver, 7-0.
"We came out slow in doubles, which killed our momentum early," head coach Michael Engdahl said. "However, I thought we bounced back well in singles and had a good look on almost every court."
SDSU was swept in doubles by scores of 6-3, 8-0, 8-3.
"Today was all about the belief factor and that is something we have to work on when we play the top teams," Engdahl added.
SDSU returns to action Sunday against IUPUI in Denver for its regular-season finale.
Univ. of Denver-M 7, South Dakota State 0
1. Henry Craig (DU-M) def. Andrea Boglic (SDSU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Diogo Rocha (DU-M) def. Parker Lawley (SDSU) 6-3, 6-1
3. Alex Gasson (DU-M) def. Lovro Curcija (SDSU) 7-5, 6-1
4. Alex Clinkenbeard (DU-M) def. Henrique Pereira (SDSU) 2-6, 7-5, 11-9
5. Aidan Talcott (DU-M) def. Mateus Moreira (SDSU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Yannik James (DU-M) def. Gary Notkin (SDSU) 6-3, 2-6, 6-3
1. Henry Craig/Alex Gasson (DU-M) def. Lawley/Boglic (SDSU) 6-3
2. Diogo Rocha/Fabio Biasion (DU-M) def. Notkin/Moreira (SDSU) 8-0 3. Eric Marbach/Yannik James (DU-M) def. Pereira/Pereira (SDSU) 8-3
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3); Singles (1,2,5,3,4,6)