Summit League honors 55 Jacks for academics
A total of 55 South Dakota State University student-athletes have been named to the Academic All-Summit League Team for their performance in the classroom during the recently completed fall semester.
The Jackrabbit's 55 selections were split among four sports, with soccer leading the way with 22 honorees. Women's cross country followed with 15 members on the academic all-league team, while volleyball placed 11 on the team and men's cross country had seven representatives.
A total of 481 Summit League student-athletes from men's and women's cross country, men's and women's soccer and volleyball were honored. Of the 481 selections, 255 were recognized as Distinguished Scholars. In order to be selected to the Academic All-Summit League team, student athletes must have a grade-point average of at least 3.0 in the semester of their championship competition and must have used a year of eligibility. In order to be named a Distinguished Scholar, a student-athlete must have at least a 3.60 GPA.
tallied the most selections with 63 student-athletes receiving the honor, while
SDSU claimed second.
SDSU selections are listed below:
WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY (15)
* , Sr., Health, Physical Education & Recreation, New Richland, Minn.
* , So., Nursing, Sioux Falls, S.D.
, Fr., Pre-Veterinarian, Fairview, S.D.
* , Sr., Human Development, East Grand Forks, Minn.
* , So., Dietetics, Rapid City, S.D.
* , So., Mathematics, Estelline, S.D.
* , So., Pre-Nursing, Sioux Falls, S.D.
* , Fr., Pre-Nursing, Yankton, S.D.
* , So., Nursing, Virgil, S.D.
* , Sr., Microbiology, White River, S.D.
* , Sr., Dietetics, Dimock, S.D.
* , Jr., History, Dimock, S.D.
* , So., Athletic Training, Bristol, S.D.
* , So., Nursing, Sturgis, S.D.
* , Sr., Biology, Sioux Falls, S.D.
MEN'S CROSS COUNTRY (7)
, So., Biology/Spanish, Yankton, S.D.
* , Sr., History/Education Administration, Rapid City, S.D.
, Fr., Pre-Agriculture Economics, Custer, Wis.
, Jr., History, Hutchinson, Minn.
* , Sr., Health Promotion, Canton, S.D.
* , Jr., Health Promotion, Frazee, Minn.
* , Jr., Psychology, Rapid City, S.D.
* , Jr., Health, Physical Education & Recreation, Beresford, S.D.
, Jr., English, Carlock, Ill.
, Fr., Undeclared, Sioux Falls, S.D.
, Jr., Athletic Training, Bellevue, Wash.
, So., Aviation Management, New Braunfels, Texas
* , Sr., Nursing, Edina, Minn.
, Jr., Early Childhood Education, Sioux City, Iowa
, So., Health Promotion/Pre-Physical Therapy, Brookings, S.D.
, So., Biology, Hartford, Wis.
* , Sr., Biology, Appleton, Wis.
, Sr., Dietetics, Omaha, Neb.
, Fr., Undeclared, Overland Park, Kan.
, Sr., Psychology, Sioux Falls, S.D.
* , Jr., Nursing, Lincoln, Neb.
* , So., Health Promotion, Vadnais Heights, Minn.
, Jr., Health Promotion, Lakeville, Minn.
* , Fr., Biology, Gillette, Wyo.
, Fr., Undeclared, Omaha, Neb.
* , Sr., Nursing, Lenexa, Kan.
, Jr., Journalism, Wauwatosa, Wis.
* , Sr., Mathematics, Hugo, Minn.
* , So., Biology, Topeka, Kan.
* , So., Graphic Design, Marshall, Minn.
, Sr., Health, Physical Education & Recreation, Yankton, S.D.
* , So., Biology/Pre-Nursing, Parkston, S.D.
* , Fr., Pre-Nursing, Centennial, Colo.
* , So., Political Science, Rapid City, S.D.
* , Sr., Interior Design, Omaha, Neb.
* , So., Pre-Nursing, Hartford, S.D.
* , Sr., Biology, Winnipeg, Manitoba
* , So., Biology, St. Claude, Manitoba
, Sr., Global Studies, Porto Alegre, Brazil
, Fr., Pre-Nursing, Pierre, S.D.
* - Distinguished Scholar